Customs Clearance Process For Agricultural Products
FIRST BORDER INSPECTION
• Customs Examiner and the Inspectors from NPQSD, BAI and BFAR conducts spot-check at the DEA to prevent adulteration and to check the quality and quantity based on the submitted documents, witnessed by ESS and CIIS representatives.
• Customs Examiner shall upload thru VIBER the Examination Report and images that container/s had been opened. Such Examination Report is uploaded in the CCPS by importer’s representative. The container/s will be lifted in ICTSI’s portal by the Customs Appraiser and sealed with an Electronic Customs Seal by PID-ETRACC Unit.
• The location of the Cold Storage Warehouse in the SPSIC, Request for Inspection, and ETRACC application should match, otherwise the concerned government entity must be informed of the change in the location of the destination. Deactivation of the ETRACC device shall be made at the consignee’s warehouse by the ETRACC disarmer from PID-ETRACC Unit.
– Second border inspection shall be done by inspectors from BPI, NMIS-BAI and BFAR at the Cold Storage Warehouse evidenced by the Second Border Inspection Report with images from Cold Storage Facility signed by the inspectors.
– The importer shall NOT break the BPI, BAI, or BFAR Seal and BOC seal and shall only be broken and deactivated by the duly assigned officer at the warehouse during the conduct of 100% physical examination by the respective agency inspectors.
BOC accomplishes its mandate during the FIRST BORDER check at the DEA Reefer Section. The concerned government agency shall attest that there are no commingled commodities in the containers other than those in the approved SPSIC, as evidenced by the images taken during the SECOND BORDER Inspection at the Cold Storage Warehouse.